QuestionsContact Rebecca Weger
Students ages 8-12 begin taking classes twice a week to enhance their ballet training. Lower Division ballet students are placed in class by the faculty according to their skill level and accomplishment, not by age. Ballet class incorporates classical training in barre and centre floor work. Students have the option of adding jazz, character dance and/or theatre dance classes to complement their ballet training.
New students, over the age of 8, with previous training need to be placed by The School of Richmond Ballet faculty prior to the start of the Summer Session.
Click here for the Summer Session and Summer Camp Brochures 2014:
- Parents are asked to please remain in the lobby during class times, so that the student can focus his/her entire attention on dance.
- The School is not responsible for lost or stolen personal property. Please leave all valuables at home. Please label dancewear with student’s name.
- Dance is a strenuous activity. The School suggests a complete physical prior to starting classes.
- Students are not permitted to participate in a class after entering late without the permission of the instructor.
- Absences should be reported to the teacher prior to the missed class at (804) 344-0906 ext. 228. Students are urged to make up any classes that are missed if there is another class option (of the same level). Make up classes must be completed within the session. Ask your child’s instructor for advice on make up class times.
- For their safety, students should wear street clothes and shoes when entering and leaving the Richmond Ballet building.
- Tuition is non-refundable except in the case of serious illness or injury with written verification from a physician. The School of Richmond Ballet does not refund registration fees.
- Classes are contingent upon meeting required enrollment numbers. The School of Richmond Ballet may cancel any classes not meeting enrollment requirements.
- Students may bring non-breakable water bottles to class. Food and/or other beverages are allowed in designated snack areas only. Gum is not allowed in the Ballet building.
|Summer Session Classes June 30-August 2, 2014|
(For Beginning Students age 8 1/2 – 12)
|Lower I Ballet
(both classes required)
|Lower II Ballet
(both classes required)
|Lower III Ballet
(May select 2, 3 or 4 classes per week)
| 613A (2)
|Lower III Mini Intensive
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs 4:45-7:00pm
Includes: Ballet, Theatre Dance, Modern, Jazz and Character Dance
Additional Lower Level Subjects
(may be taken individually or as a combined program with Ballet)
Tuition if taken with Ballet
|Lower III Jazz||Wed||6:00-7:00||$90.00||$65.00||622A||Open|
|Lower I/II Jazz||Thurs||6:00-7:00||$90.00||$65.00||621A||Open|
SRB Ballet Dance Camps
|Course # 800A||June 23-27, 2014||Monday-Friday 9:00am-2:00pm|
|Course # 800B||August 11-15, 2014||Monday-Friday 9:00am-2:00pm|
$275 per week
|Come join us for a challenging and exciting summer program! Our week-long dance camp features classes in Ballet, Theatre Dance, Character Dance and Music. SRB Ballet Dance Camp students are divided into groups according to their current ballet level.|
- Lower I and II: Eurotard Brand, Light Blue short sleeve, scoop neck leotard, mandatory
- Lower III: Eurotard Brand, Burgundy short sleeve, scoop neck leotard, mandatory
- All Levels: Pink footed dance tights and pink leather full-sole ballet shoes with elastics across the in-step
No split sole or canvas ballet shoes; leather full-sole with elastics across in-step only
- Lower I & II: Black knit shorts and a white fitted t-shirt
- Lower III: Black dance tights with feet, worn with dance belt undergarment and a white fitted t-shirt
- All Levels: Black or white leather full-sole ballet shoes with elastics across the in-step, white socks
Jazz & Theatre Dance
- Any color leotard, tights, or t-shirt and jazz pants
- Theatre Dance students wear red, white, and black only
- Black jazz shoes for all
- Boys & Girls: Ballet Attire
- Girls: Black knee-length circular skirt (not chiffon wrap-around)
- Boys: black jazz pants optional
- Black jazz shoes for all (girls may wear black, 1-inch character dance shoes if they would like)
- No varied necklines, strings, halters, low backs, or decoration on leotards. Uniform style only.
- No skirts, sweats, warmers, jewelry, or watches
- No footless or rolled up tights in Ballet classes
- Hair should be pulled back neatly from the face; in a ballet bun for girls.
The School of Richmond Ballet dress code attire can be purchased from Ellman’s Dancewear in Carytown.