QuestionsContact Rebecca Weger
Dance Classes and Registration
The School of Richmond Ballet offers premium dance training for children and adults from beginner to professional levels. Our internationally known faculty is committed to providing an environment where students can learn and have fun doing it. Class offerings include ballet, jazz, modern, character, theatre and adult dance classes.
* Students new to The School of Richmond Ballet wishing to register for the Lower, Middle or Upper Division classes must attend a placement class at SRB prior to submitting a registration form. Please contact Susan Collet to arrange a placement class. (804) 344-0906 x228, firstname.lastname@example.org
Why our School?
- Develop and improve your ballet technique in a focused series of classes taught by professional dancers and dance educators.
- Experience one of the finest dance facilities on the East Coast.
- Explore jazz, modern, character dance and theatre dance disciplines.
- Enrich your performance skills by learning more about mime, music, acting and the theatrical aspects of dance.
- Work with Richmond Ballet Company and Artistic Staff as a Richmond Ballet Trainee in preparation for a professional dance career.
- Join other serious-minded dance students in an intensive yet fun atmosphere of camaraderie and shared dance interests.
Questions? Contact Rebecca Weger at email@example.com or (804) 344-0906 ext. 231
- Registration must be completed and tuition must be paid, either in full or 1stinstallment, prior to any student’s entrance into class.
- There is a non-refundable $25.00 annual processing fee due with the first payment, per student, which will automatically be applied to the account.
- Upon registration all students and their parents/legal guardians make the commitment to pay the agreed upon full year’s tuition whether they remain enrolled in the program or not. Tuition is non-refundable except in the case of a serious illness or injury documented by a doctor’s explanation.
- The School of Richmond Ballet tuition is set at affordable, competitive rates. Students enrolled for the year can pay their tuition in full at the time of registration, or in four installments. The first installment is due at the time of registration. Those who choose to pay in installments will receive invoices for subsequent payments, unless a request is made for automatic billing by credit card as listed on the registration form. Selecting the installment payment option does not lessen the legal commitment to pay the full year’s tuition. The installment payment schedule is as follows:
1st Payment – Due at time of registration
2nd Payment – Due November 1, 2016
3rd Payment – Due February 1, 2017
4th Payment – Due April 1, 2017
Fee(s) and Delinquent Accounts:
- In the event that a check is returned for insufficient funds, we will make a second attempt to deposit the check. Each time a check is returned for insufficient funds, a $13.00 returned check fee will be added to the student account.
- A $25.00 late fee, per student, will be imposed on the day after a due date and on the first of each month for as long as your account is not current.
- Should this account become delinquent and collection becomes necessary, the undersigned agrees to be additionally responsible for attorney’s fees of 33 1/3% of total delinquent balance and all applicable court costs incurred by The School of Richmond Ballet during the process. When using the automatic payment option, it is the responsibility of the payee to notify The School of Richmond Ballet of changes to the credit card on file. If financial difficulties arise, please call Rebecca Weger, SRB Manager, at (804) 344-0906 x 231.
Written notice of intent to withdraw must accompany all withdrawals.
The billing contact will be held responsible for payment for all classes prior to the time of written notification of withdrawal of a student from The School of Richmond Ballet, and will be charged the following withdrawal fee:
- Children’s Division: $25.00
- Lower Division: $75.00
- Middle Division: $150.00
- Upper Division: $250.00
- Trainee Division: $500.00
All withdrawals are effective as of the date on which the Administration Office is notified: informing your child’s teacher is NOT considered a formal notification of withdrawal. A formal notification in writing must be submitted to Rebecca Weger, SRB Manager. In cases when notification is received after a student stops attending class, the billing contact will still be held liable for tuition due for classes between the last attended class and the effective date of withdrawal.
Limited Financial Assistance is available to students in The School of Richmond Ballet. To qualify, students must demonstrate financial need, a high level of commitment, and significant talent as evaluated by the program’s director and teachers. Students wishing to apply for assistance must complete a Financial Aid Application along with supporting documentation, and turn it in with their registration form and initial minimum required payment (1st installment) no later than August 15, 2016.