STAGE MANAGER/PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
Richmond Ballet is seeking a well organized individual who has a variety of skill sets. Candidates should have a strong background in Stage Managing (ability to read music is preferred). Candidates should also have knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel as he/she will be assisting the production stage manager with clerical responsibilities such as: maintaining paperwork for various shows, making call books, etc. A general understanding of all aspects of a theater is required. An ideal candidate must be able to work well in groups, be good with time management, possess leadership skills, and understand the need to work in other capacities based on skill sets. Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record. This is a salaried, seasonal position with benefits. Pay varies with experience. Bachelors Degree with 2 years experience or equivalent is preferred. Start date is August 17, 2015. Please submit your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
Posted: Apr 9, 2015
Richmond Ballet is seeking an experienced well rounded technician to assist in the production department. Candidate should have carpentry, welding and rigging background. Must have the ability to work in a group setting with tight deadlines. Should be able to work nights, weekends and holidays, in an ever changing schedule and with crews ranging in size (from 2 to 30) and ability. Candidates must be able to carry between 50 to 75 pounds and be on their feet for extended periods of time. A valid driver’s license with a clean record and ability to drive straight trucks, up to 26′ is required. Must be comfortable with ladders and heights. This is an hourly seasonal position.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. EOE
Posted: Aug 15, 2014
Chief Financial Officer
Richmond Ballet, The State Ballet of Virginia, seeks committed and competent CPA to serve as Chief Financial Officer to oversee the Finance Department. Position is for approximately 16 hours a week, and the candidate must work on-site two days a week. Qualified candidates must possess significant experience in managerial accounting. Experience with QuickBooks is preferred. Primary responsibilities include managing the Annual Budgeting Process, developing forecasts, as well as reviewing and analyzing monthly management reports to be presented to the Managing Director and Finance Committee. Branding experience offers an additional advantage. Interested candidates should send resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE
Posted: Apr 22, 2015
Richmond Ballet, the State Ballet of Virginia, seeks a Master Electrician to begin July 1st. The Master Electrician is responsible for the implementation of all lighting designs in association with Richmond Ballet Productions. Duties include, but are not limited to, the hang and focus of all lighting plots, maintaining paperwork in accordance with the needs of each show, and keeping all Richmond Ballet lighting gear in proper working order, either by fixing it or sending it out for repair. Must be a self motivated individual able to work in a collaborative environment. Must be proficient in Vectorworks, Lightwright, and MS Office; knowledge of Autocad is a plus. Must be able to lead Union and Non-union labor crews. This position requires working nights, weekends, some holidays working long hours on your feet. Some touring required. Must be comfortable working at heights on ladders and in personal lifts and be able to lift 50lbs. Must have valid driver’s license with ability to drive 24’ box trucks with a clean DMV record. Master Electrician reports to the Technical Director under the supervision of the Production Director. Salary: Competitive D.O.E with benefits. Please send cover Letter, resume, references and salary requirements to BSherman@Richmondballet.com EOE
Posted: May 8, 2015
Director of Development
Richmond Ballet seeks an experienced development professional to energetically lead the Ballet’s Development program with vision and forward-thinking strategies.
The Director of Development is responsible for planning and administering the comprehensive fundraising programs of Richmond Ballet as directed by the Managing Director. In addition to overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Development office, this position requires a clear grasp of the full spectrum of fundraising/development activities; including annual giving, management of special events, corporate relations, foundations and grant writing, government funding and advocacy, development systems management, and some familiarity with capital campaigns and major gifts fundraising. Responsibilities also include preparation of an annual strategic plan and budget for the department with approval by the Managing Director.
Educational Requirements: A Bachelor’s degree is required; a Master’s degree in Arts Management or Business and knowledge of performing arts is preferred.
Background and Experience Requirements: At least six years experience in fundraising/development; including two or more years experience in at least two development areas during which time candidate had primary responsibility for meeting contributed revenue goals for the area. Position requires a clear grasp of the full spectrum of fundraising/development activities, including annual giving, management of special events, corporate relations, foundations and grant writing, government funding and advocacy, development systems management, and some familiarity with capital campaigns and major gifts fundraising.
Other necessary skills include strategic planning, excellent written and oral communication, familiarity with financial management, and proven ability to manage an effective fundraising team. Desire to be an integral part of building a first rate development effort that will allow the organization to realize its artistic, financial and strategic goals.
- Lead and manage the fundraising activities of the individual annual giving campaign, foundation and public grants, corporate solicitations, planned giving, special events, and capital campaign efforts.
- Design strategies and manage activities for donor relations including identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Work with, educate and effectively engage all members of the Ballet’s senior management team to support the organization’s fundraising activities.
- Work with, educate and effectively engage the Board of Trustees committees to support organization’s full range of fundraising activities and achieve contributed revenue goals.
- Represent Richmond Ballet at community events and events for development professionals. Maintain a productive and positive relationship with all constituencies of the Ballet, including the Board of Trustees, Development Committee, sub-committees, business, professional, and civic leaders.
- Stay informed about giving trends and best practices for fundraising, including resources that may be available to enhance fundraising efforts.
- Oversee all day-to-day management of the Development Office and fundraising activities for the Ballet.
- Create annual and long-term fundraising plans for the Development Office to meet the goals set forth in the Ballet’s strategic plan. Insure implementation of aggressive action plans for fundraising.
- Establish with input from the Development staff, Managing Director and Development Committee of the Board of Trustees, reasonable, achievable annual goals for corporate, foundation and individual fundraising line-items for the Ballet’s annual operating budget. Create and implement plans for achieving/exceeding goals.
- Maintain financial data and report performance goals and progress regularly to the Managing Director and Board of Trustees.
- Proven efficiency with Microsoft Office and familiarity with fundraising database applications. Knowledge of Abila software preferred.
- Supervise and set policy for donor and gift record-keeping.
- Coordinate development research activities.
- Work with the Marketing/Communications department of the Ballet to create Ballet publications.
- Coordinate activities of the Development Office with all other Ballet departments as necessary.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the office’s professional and support personnel.
- Maintain a visible presence at performances and other Ballet events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Director.
Please forward cover letter and resume in PDF or Word with salary requirements to: email@example.com and use Director of Development in subject line. No phone calls please.
Richmond Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: Jun 18, 2015
The Richmond Ballet is accepting resumes for Costume Shop positions for the 2015-2016 season. Qualified candidates will have a BA or BFA in a related field, or comparable experience in a professional Costume Shop environment. Candidates with a background in wardrobe supervision, wigs and makeup, and craft skills such as painting and dying preferred. Basic stitching skills are required. The Richmond Ballet is a year-round Costume Shop working with internationally renowned Choreographers and Costume Designers to bring both classic ballets and new works to the stage. Hourly compensation DOE with overtime opportunities, paid holidays, vacation, and sick-days. Must be available for pre-holiday work in December. Some travel is required. The Richmond Ballet is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit resumes via email to Costume Director Emily DeAngelis: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: Jun 18, 2015