1. What is the difference between Season Tickets and Single Tickets?
Season Tickets are purchased as a package of discounted tickets to more than one production; a single ticket is one (or more) tickets to a single production.
2. Where do you perform?
Contemporary Classics, The Nutcracker and Swan Lake are performed at the Carpenter Theatre at Dominion Energy Center for the Performing Arts. All other performances are held in our Studio Theatre, located on the third floor of Richmond Ballet’s building at 407 East Canal Street.
3. What are your hours?
The hours for the Richmond Ballet Box Office are Monday through Friday, 11am to 6pm. Closed on holidays.
4. Where is will call located?
- – At the Studio Theatre will call is located at the Richmond Ballet Box Office on the first floor.
- – At the Dominion Energy Center will call is located in the kiosk under the marquee at the corner of 6th Street & Grace Street.
5. I’ve lost my tickets, what should I do?
Please call the Richmond Ballet Box Office at 804.344.0906 x224 if you have lost your tickets.
6. I purchased tickets to a performance that I can no longer attend. Can I get a refund or exchange my tickets?
All tickets are non-refundable.
- If you can no longer attend the original performance date for which you purchased your tickets, please call the Richmond Ballet Box Office up to 24 hours before the performance at 804.344.0906 x224 and we will exchange your tickets to another day/time within the same production at the cost of $5.00 per ticket.* Please know that you may also incur additional costs if you switch from an evening to a matinee performance or if you move to a more expensive seating section. All seats are subject to availability.
*The $5.00 per ticket exchange fee is waived for all Season Ticket holders.
7. Do you offer separate pricing for children?
Richmond Ballet does not offer separate pricing for children. Each guest age 2 and up must have a ticket.
8. Is there accessible seating available?
Yes, there is accessible seating available at both the Studio Theatre and the Carpenter Theatre. Please call the Richmond Ballet Box Office at 804.344.0906 x224 if you require accessible seating.
9. What should I wear to a Richmond Ballet performance?
Business casual is the common attire worn to a performance; however, there is no actual dress code. Please feel free to wear whatever is comfortable for you.
10. What time do doors open for the performances?
- – At the Studio Theatre the 3rd floor lobby opens 1 hour prior to the start of all performances. Seating begins 30 minutes prior to the start of all performances.
- – At the Dominion Energy Center lobby doors open 1 hour before the start of the performance. Seating begins 30 minutes prior to the start of all performances.
11. What is being done in regards to the Covid-19 pandemic?
View our preparedness procedures here.