JULY 20, 2019
at Richmond Ballet
Escape the heat by dreaming of an enchanted snow forest and a magical Kingdom of Sweets. Our Nutcracker in July open house is an opportunity for audience members, prospective students, and parents to get a behind-the-scenes look at our Canal Street home – and to purchase first choice of seats to The Nutcracker, take free classes, win prizes, and more!
Throughout the Event
• Purchase tickets to The Nutcracker (before they go on sale to the general public) and be entered to win a
post-performance backstage meet and greet
• Get an up-close look at costumes from the production
• Create arts and crafts with Richmond Family Magazine
• Visit bbgb’s table of children’s books
• Register for School of Richmond Ballet classes without paying the registration fee (for new students only)
10:30am – 11:30am
• Tours of the facility, with the ability to watch a variety of School of Richmond Ballet classes
• Storytime with Valerie Tellmann-Henning – “The Nutcracker: as told by the Sugar Plum Fairy”
12:00pm – 12:30pm
• Rhythm & Motion dance fitness class (adults)
12:00pm – 1:00pm
• Photo opportunity with your favorite Nutcracker characters
12:30pm – 1:00pm
• Nutcracker-themed Invitation to the Dance class (Ages 3-6)
• Barre Basics fitness class (adults)
1:15pm – 1:45pm
• Nutcracker-themed Children’s movement class (Ages 6-8)
Nutcracker in July will be held in our Richmond Ballet building located at 407 East Canal Street. Free parking is available in the Richmond Ballet lot directly next to the Ballet building (accessible from 4th Street). Street parking is also free on weekends.
Thank you for your participation!