QuestionsContact Susan Collet
June 24, 2019 – July 27, 2019
The Lower Division features four levels of ballet instruction for students 8½-12 years of age.
Advancement through the Lower Division is based on a student’s level of skill and accomplishment, not his or her age. The School’s faculty evaluates and places each student in the appropriate level.
Students in the Lower Division attend ballet classes that incorporate barre and center work and have the option of adding Modern, Tap, Theatre Dance, and Character Dance classes.
Students of School of Richmond Ballet should continue in their current level from the 2019 spring semester unless otherwise instructed by faculty. New students, with previous training, need to be placed by School of Richmond Ballet faculty prior to the start of the summer session.
(For Beginning Students 8.5-12 years of age)
|Lower I Ballet||611A||M & W 5:10-6:10pm||$184|
|Lower II Ballet||612A||M & W 5:10-6:10pm||$184|
|Lower III Ballet
(Lower III Students may select 2, 3, or 4 classes)
|613A (2 classes)
613B (3 classes)
613C (4 classes)
|M, Tu, W, & Th 4:45-6:00pm||$230 (2 classes)
$338 (3 classes)
$380 (4 classes)
|Theatre Dance||624A||M 6:15-7:15pm||$100|
|Character Dance||620A||Tu 6:15-7:15pm||$100|
|Lower III Mini Intensive
(All Ballet, Theatre Dance, Modern, Tap, and Character Dance Classes
|613D||M, Tu, W, & Th 4:45-7:15pm||$650|
- Parents are asked to please remain in the lobby during class times, so that the student can focus his/her entire attention on dance.
- The School is not responsible for lost or stolen personal property. Please leave all valuables at home. Please label dancewear with student’s name.
- Dance is a strenuous activity. The School suggests a complete physical prior to starting classes.
- Students are not permitted to participate in a class after entering late without the permission of the instructor.
- Absences should be reported prior to the missed class at (804) 344-0906 ext. 228. Students are urged to make up any classes that are missed if there is another class option (of the same level). Make up classes must be completed within the session. Ask your child’s instructor for advice on make up class times.
- For their safety, students should wear street clothes and shoes when entering and leaving the Richmond Ballet building.
- Tuition is non-refundable except in the case of serious illness or injury with written verification from a physician. The School of Richmond Ballet does not refund registration fees.
- Classes are contingent upon meeting required enrollment numbers. The School of Richmond Ballet may cancel any classes not meeting enrollment requirements.
- Students may bring non-breakable water bottles to class. Food and/or other beverages are allowed in designated snack areas only. Gum is not allowed in the Ballet building.
- Lower I, II and Accelerated Basic Ballet: Eurotard Brand, Light Blue cotton short sleeve, scoop neck leotard, mandatory uniform
- Lower III: Mirella Brand, Royal Blue, style M515C, mandatory uniform. This is a scoop neck, cap sleeve leotard with princess seams.
- Pink footed dance tights and pink leather, full-sole ballet shoes with elastic across the in-step*
- All Levels: Black knit shorts and a white fitted t-shirt
- Lower III: Black dance tights with feet, worn with dance belt undergarment and a white fitted t-shir
- All Levels: Black leather full-sole ballet shoes with elastic across the in-step*
* No split sole or canvas ballet shoes, leather only with elastic across the In-step.
Tap, Modern, and Theatre Dance
- Black/Red/White leotard or t-shirt, black jazz pants or knit shorts.
- Tap: Black oxford style lace up tap shoes
- Modern: Bare feet
- Theatre Dance: Black jazz shoes
- Boys & Girls: Ballet Attire, black jazz shoes for all (girls may wear black, 1.5-inch character dance shoes if they would like to purchase)
- Girls: Black Knee-Length Circular Skirt (not chiffon wrap-around) Can be ordered through SRB
- Boys: black jazz pants optional
- No split-sole or canvas ballet shoes; leather full-sole with
elastics across in-step only
- No varied necklines, strings, halters, low backs, or
decoration on leotards
- No skirts, sweats, warmers, jewelry, or watches
- No footless or rolled up tights in Ballet classes
- Hair should be pulled back neatly from the face in a ballet
bun (or ponytail for Children’s Division)
Dress code attire for School of Richmond Ballet is available at Ellman’s Dancewear in Carytown, 19 S. Belmont Street Richmond, Va, 23221 (804) 358-0655