QuestionsContact Susan Collet
Children’s Division Fall Classes
September 5, 2019 – May 31, 2020
Invitation to the Dance
SRB Invitation to the Dance for students three and four years of age will introduce your child to ballet through movement and music. Your child’s natural love of dancing will be enhanced through body awareness, listening skills, and rhythm in a structured yet imaginative environment.
One child ticket and one companion adult ticket to the Richmond Ballet production of The Nutcracker at Dominion Energy Center are included with Invitation to the Dance III tuition. This ballet classic will be studied as part of class, and the students will watch a company rehearsal and learn about other aspects of the production.
|Invitation to the Dance I||101A||3||T 4:00-4:40pm||$624 or (4)$166|
|Invitation to the Dance I||101B||3||Sa 9:30-10:10am||$624 or (4)$166|
|Invitation to the Dance II||102A||4||W 4:00-4:40pm||$624 or (4)$166|
|Invitation to the Dance II||102B||4||Th 4:50-5:30pm||$624 or (4)$166|
|Invitation to the Dance II||102C||4||Sa 10:10-10:50am||$624 or (4)$166|
|Invitation to the Dance III||103A||5||M 4:30-5:20pm||$762 or (4)$200.50|
|Invitation to the Dance III||103B||5||W 4:40-5:30pm||$762 or (4)$200.50|
|Invitation to the Dance III||103C||5||Th 4:00-4:50pm||$762 or (4)$200.50|
|Invitation to the Dance III||103D||5||Sa 11:00-11:50am||$762 or (4)$200.50|
All students must be the required age by September 1st, 2019. Enrollment for boys at Richmond Ballet begins at age 4.
Pre-Primary and Primary Ballet
School of Richmond Ballet takes students from the classroom to the theatre for a ballet adventure designed especially for students five, six, and seven years of age. Each week students enjoy a variety of activities which include dancing the SRB ballet syllabus and learning about the story, music, costumes, and scenery of a ballet.
One child ticket and one companion adult ticket to the Richmond Ballet production of Swan Lake at Dominion Energy Center are included with tuition. This ballet classic will be studied as part of class, and the students will watch a company rehearsal and learn about other aspects of the production.
|Pre-Primary Ballet||104A||6||T 4:40-5:30pm||$762 or (4)$200.50|
|Pre-Primary Ballet||104B||6||Th 4:40-5:30pm||$762 or (4)$200.50|
|Pre-Primary Ballet||104C||6||F 4:20-5:10pm||$762 or (4)$200.50|
|Pre-Primary Ballet||104D||6||Sa 9:20-10:10am||$762 or (4)$200.50|
|Primary Ballet||105A||7||M 4:15-5:15pm||$770 or (4)$202.50|
|Primary Ballet||105B||7||T 4:30-5:30pm||$770 or (4)$202.50|
|Primary Ballet||105C||7||W 4:30-5:30pm||$770 or (4)$202.50|
|Primary Ballet||105D||7||Sa 10:15-11:15am||$770 or (4)$202.50|
All students must be the required age by September 1st, 2019.
- Parents are asked to please remain in the lobby during class times, so that the student can focus his/her entire attention on dance.
- The School is not responsible for lost or stolen personal property. Please leave all valuables at home. Please label dancewear with student’s name.
- Dance is a strenuous activity. The School suggests a complete physical prior to starting classes.
- Students are not permitted to participate in a class after entering late without the permission of the instructor.
- Absences should be reported prior to the missed class at 804.344.0906 x228. Students are urged to make up any classes that are missed if there is another class option (of the same level). Make up classes must be completed within the session. Ask your child’s instructor for advice on make up class times.
- For their safety, students should wear street clothes and shoes when entering and leaving the Richmond Ballet building.
- Tuition is non-refundable except in the case of serious illness or injury with written verification from a physician. The School of Richmond Ballet does not refund registration fees.
- Classes are contingent upon meeting required enrollment numbers. The School of Richmond Ballet may cancel any classes not meeting enrollment requirements.
- Students may bring non-breakable water bottles to class. Food and/or other beverages are allowed in designated snack areas only. Gum is not allowed in the Ballet building.
Children’s Division Girls:
- Invitation to the Dance I, II, III: Pink short sleeve, scoop neck leotard, and Pink or White ankle socks or Pink footed dance tights and Pink ballet shoes.*
- Pre-Primary and Primary Ballet: Eurotard brand, Lilac short sleeve, scoop neck leotard, and Pink footed dance tights and Pink ballet shoes.*
- Hair should be pulled back neatly from the face in a ballet bun or ponytail. No loose hair around face.
Children’s Division Boys:
- White fitted T-shirt, Black knit shorts, and White socks with Black ballet shoes.** No split sole or canvas ballet shoes; ballet shoes should be leather with elastic across in-step.
- No varied necklines, strings, halters, low backs, or decoration on leotards
- No skirts, sweats, warmers, jewelry, or watches
- No footless or rolled up tights in ballet classes
The School of Richmond Ballet dress code attire can be purchased at Ellman’s Dancewear in Carytown.