Studio Series Performances
We look forward to welcoming you back to the theatre! The safety of our Richmond Ballet community remains our number one priority. Following local health and government guidelines, as well as recommendations from the Ballet’s medical task force team, we have put the following protective measures in place for our season:
– requiring all staff, dancers, and audience members to wear masks
– assigning six-foot socially-distanced seating between groups at the Studio Theatre,
reducing the capacity from 250 to 64
– offering one-hour shows with no intermissions
– cleaning the theatre prior to each show
– providing hand sanitizer throughout the facility
– eliminating will call as a ticket delivery option
– providing contactless ticket scanning
– emailing digital playbills in advance of the performance (richmondballet.com/playbill)
– staggering arrival times of patrons and organizing theatre exits based on seat location
– designating staircases as “up” or “down” only
– suspending drink service at the Ballet Barre
– encouraging all patrons who do not feel well to stay home*
*No one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, is permitted in the Richmond Ballet building. If this applies to you, please call our Box Office at 804.344.0906 x224 so that we may exchange your ticket(s) to our virtual performance.
While we will not host receptions until it is safe to do so, our Choreographer’s Club ticketholders will still experience the exclusive post-show Q&A sessions with the artists, designers, and dancers as well as receive a special treat so that they may enjoy a piece of the reception at home.
Dancers will be wearing masks, and through creative programming and choreography, those who are not members of the same household will remain socially distanced from each other while performing. Our costume director is working closely with the artists to create masks that either complement the current costumes or are incorporated into the new pieces’ designs.
Should patrons not feel well or prefer to watch the performance from the comfort of home, we are pleased to also offer a virtual ticket option. Virtual ticket buyers will receive a link to a recording, providing unprecedented access to the performance, which will be available to stream for one week.
Except for 30 minutes prior to performances, our physical Box Office will remain closed. Our team can be reached at 804.344.0906 x224 during normal Box Office hours, Monday – Friday, 10am – 5pm.
We will continue to follow the latest CDC and local government guidelines and make any changes or adjustments as needed.
School of Richmond Ballet
We are so excited to have our students back in the studio! Following local government guidelines as well as recommendations from our medical task force, we have established specific building entry and class protocols which all students have received. In addition to our in-studio classes, many School of Richmond Ballet classes will be live streamed. Call 804.344.0906 x231 or visit richmondballet.com/school for more information.
*Note: The Richmond Ballet building remains closed to the general public, except for students attending the School of Richmond Ballet and patrons attending our Studio Series performances. Additionally, many administrative staff members continue to work from home. All staff can be reached either by phone or email. Please don’t hesitate to call us at 804.344.0906 with any questions.