The Carpenter Theatre at Dominion Arts Center
Richmond’s historic downtown theatre, located at 600 E. Grace Street, Richmond, Virginia, 23219. The Carpenter Theatre entrance is at the corner of 6th Street and Grace Street.
Richmond Ballet is in residence at The Carpenter Theatre for all performances of TRIO, The Nutcracker and The Sleeping Beauty.
Please note that there are different decks available for matinee shows (before 5 p.m.) and evening performances. All decks are within walking distance of the Dominion Arts Center. To learn more, please Dominion Arts Center’s website.
- EVENING: Lot at Grace Street – 609 East Grace Street, Richmond VA 23219
- EVENING: 6th and Franklin Street Deck – 101 North 6th Street, Richmond, VA 23219
- EVENING: Lot at Broad Street – 203 North 6th Street, Richmond VA 23219
- EVENING: 7th and Franklin Street Deck – 700 East Franklin Street, Richmond VA 23219
Recommended matinee parking for all performances between 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. is as follows:
- MATINEE: 7th and Marshall Deck – entrance off Marshall Streets and 7th Streets
- MATINEE: 5th and Broad Lot – entrance across 5th Street from Miller and Rhoads Hilton Hotel
- MATINEE: 5th and Marshall Deck – entrance on Marshall Street directly behind the Richmond Marriott
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO…
NO LATE SEATING: Please plan to arrive on time. For both the safety of our dancers and to ensure the best viewing experience for your fellow patrons, please note that Richmond Ballet and the Carpenter Theatre strive to start all performances on time. Late-comers with orchestra section tickets will not be seated in their assigned seats until appropriate breaks in the dancing, as determined by the production and artistic staff. We appreciate your cooperation. TV screens in the lobby will stream the live show to accommodate all late-comers.
WILL CALL: The Will Call kiosk will open one (1) hour before showtime. Please be reminded that the Will Call Kiosk is located at the corner of Grace and 6th Streets, just under the marquee.
CONCESSIONS: The Carpenter Theatre serves a variety of drinks and snacks that are available for purchase before and during most shows. Concessions desks accept cash and most major credit cards.
BRAVO BOUTIQUE: Visit the BRAVO BOUTIQUE during Nutcracker season and take advantage of the opportunity to shop for amazing ballet-themed gifts, perfect for any occasion!