The Carpenter Theatre at Dominion Arts Center
Richmond’s historic downtown theatre, located at 600 E. Grace Street, Richmond, Virginia, 23219. The Carpenter Theatre entrance is at the corner of 6th Street and Grace Street.
Richmond Ballet is in residence at The Carpenter Theatre for all performances of TRIO, The Nutcracker and A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
Please note that there are different decks available for matinee shows (before 5 p.m.) and evening performances. All decks are within walking distance of the Dominion Arts Center. To learn more, please Dominion Arts Center’s website.
- EVENING: Ample parking is available in the Commonwealth of Virginia Parking Deck located at 601 East Franklin Street (entrance on 6th St between E. Franklin & E. Main Streets) where parking will be $7.00 cash. This deck is staffed through the duration of all shows and easily accessible.
- EVENING: Grace Street Lot remains available for $10 during all Richmond Ballet performances.
- EVENING: Parking is also now available for all Dominion Arts Center performances in the flat lot located on the front block nearest Broad Street, with access from both 6th and 7th Streets. Parking rate will be $10 for all Richmond Ballet performances.
- EVENING: The Deck at 7th and Franklin Streets will also be open for all Richmond Ballet performances. There is a $7.00 cash fee.
Recommended matinee parking for all performances between 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. is as follows:
- MATINEE: 7th and Marshall Deck – entrance off Marshall Streets and 7th Streets
- MATINEE: 5th and Broad Lot – entrance across 5th Street from Miller and Rhoads Hilton Hotel
- MATINEE: 5th and Marshall Deck – entrance on Marshall Street directly behind the Richmond Marriott
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO…
NO LATE SEATING: Please plan to arrive on time. For both the safety of our dancers and to ensure the best viewing experience for your fellow patrons, please note that Richmond Ballet and the Carpenter Theatre strive to start all performances on time. Late-comers with orchestra section tickets will not be seated in their assigned seats until appropriate breaks in the dancing, as determined by the production and artistic staff. We appreciate your cooperation. TV screens in the lobby will stream the live show to accommodate all late-comers.
WILL CALL: The Will Call kiosk will open one (1) hour before showtime. Please be reminded that the Will Call Kiosk is located at the corner of Grace and 6th Streets, just under the marquee.
CONCESSIONS: The Carpenter Theatre serves a variety of drinks and snacks that are available for purchase before and during most shows. Concessions desks accept cash and most major credit cards.
BRAVO BOUTIQUE: Visit the BRAVO BOUTIQUE during Nutcracker season and take advantage of the opportunity to shop for amazing ballet-themed gifts, perfect for any occasion!